Content Management System (CMS)
CMS selection could be a lot of work when it comes to assessment and selection. Ignoring it can often cause you to pick up something haphazardly which either your business genuinely doesn’t need or is too costly to maintain.
Now, businesses connect with their customers through their various online touch-points.
Adoption of CMS Platforms in the UAE
Recently, the UAE has seen a boom in the sale and adoption of several CMS platforms – from WordPress to Web Page Maker.
Let’s try to understand the variety of CMS Platforms and market share in the UAE. We randomly analyzed 10,300+ UAE websites (of different types) to arrive at this report:
In UAE 81.46% of websites use WordPress as their CMS platform while the other 18.54% is occupied by 30 different CMS’s in UAE. Adobe Muse is at second in lead with 2.32% market share, and Microsoft Sharepoint and iAPPs, secure the third and the fourth positions respectively.
The below table shows you the breakdown of the CMS-Website correlation.
|5||Other CMS Platforms||1411||13.57%|
81.46% of business websites use WordPress as their CMS and somehow it covers the majority of the industry
The use of WordPress in the web development domain has started in 2003 and due to its ease to use and being handy is the best choice CMS or Content Management System for business. From personal blogs to professional e-commerce websites, WordPress can be seen everywhere.
Using WordPress web design is all about the liberty of design and ease.
Adobe Muse (AM)
There are 241 websites built on AM.
The UI is similar to Adobe’s designer programs such as Indesign and Photoshop, it brings the convenience of use to designers helping them shift their focus from programming to designing. Even newbies can either seek help from Muse’s dedicated community or learn from the brilliant tutorial videos available in the kit.
1.34% market share is seized by Microsoft SharePoint.
As a CMS, Microsoft’s SharePoint is pretty easy to use in a layman’s perspective or for those who are already familiar with Microsoft Office suite. It serves well in the presence of larger contents in the form of word /docs or even pdfs to archive, manage and share. But this again calls for a careful mastery over taxonomy, which can become cumbersome in time.
With 136 businesses using it, iAPPS comes in the fourth among all.
Suiting all sizes of business, iAPPS’s flexible interface even facilitates admin management using mobile phones or tablets.
The platform also allows for a fluidic integration with third-party apps, thereby giving you all the liberty to share content between various platforms.
Other CMS Platforms Used by UAE Websites
It includes Umbraco, Drupal, Joomla and Others total 27 in number comprise of 27 CMS platforms including Joomla, Drupal, Umbraco, etc.
The most used platform or CMS is WordPress and it will be like this for many years before any big interruption.
For instance, factors like price can sometimes lure you but the real cost of a CMS happens post-purchase.
A CMS that requires exhaustive coding is not good to bet for a small business as it unnecessarily overshoots the implementation time and cost. Having a web designing agency by your side will help you understand the dynamics of CMS selection which will best suit your requirements.