Table of Contents
How to conduct site testing? Where to begin?
Are you going to test the site? Without testing, quality software cannot exist. If the site is heavy, it will take a long time to check it. Avoid the mistakes of many developers and owners who ignore this important step. As a result, additional financial costs and user dissatisfaction will appear. To avoid these troubles, we will test the site. Where do we start?
Creating software exists thanks to testing the site – the final stage of project development. If the site is voluminous and has a large load, then it takes a lot of time to check it. Ignoring the testing stage will lead to large financial and time costs. Visitors will be dissatisfied with the site. There will be a need for changes and corrections. Ensuring the quality of a resource and testing it are different concepts. QA testing determines the features of the site. The full development stage should include the reproduction of the project, the result of its verification, the implementation of work and maintenance after the start of the action.
QA experts are introducing ways to increase quality across all development steps: prepare and introduce templates, analyze the level, select funds, eliminate errors and modernize the process in a timely manner.
Why provide quality?
Ensuring the effectiveness of the site can cost half of the cost of developing a project. This is a guarantee of the effectiveness of your work, the elimination of possible errors, which will save you from spending additional funds.
- Analyze and make corrections to the testing scheme;
- Identify test methods and procedures;
- Organize a test environment;
- Do the test and enter the results;
- Group productivity results.
The market is highly competitive. Before releasing a product, work on it for all the extra bugs. Negative user reviews will bring a decrease in confidence in your brand. After fixing the errors, there is no guarantee that you will have a second chance to conquer the market again.
Before implementing the project, follow the steps:
- Make a plan for testing. Create a document with the subject of testing, goals, and scope of work, distribute tasks among team members, specify the object of verification and methods.
- A test circuit is a list of actions required to verify specific functions.
- The availability of analytics will help you track down bugs and bugs found, and ways to fix them.
When the development of the software part of the resource is completed, the tester takes his stage of work and begins to test the site. The process begins with drawing up a verification scheme: the specialist gets acquainted with the documents, materials for the site, its functionality and page layouts. Based on the data received, the testing process begins.
The stage of checking the site’s health includes:
- Testing the necessary functions of the resource;
- Checking the operation of feedback, following an internal link, etc .;
- Test access files in directories;
- Testing the work of calculators, counters.
Next, the tester works with the layout. First, check the layouts with the location of the elements on the page. Then check the adequacy of the code. All objects must have an exact location. It is important to verify the suitability of such a scheme.
Where does testing begin?
Error checking on the site should be comprehensive. Testing methods may vary, but start with an action plan and follow it. A fresh resource should be checked not only by the tester but also by the entire group of specialists who were involved in its development.
- Check the texts for spelling. Spelling, grammar, and other language rules must be respected. The name of the tabs, pages, headers – all text content is subject to verification.
- Select semantic images. If the picture weighs a lot, there may be problems loading the page. The user will not remain on the resource if the site takes a long time to load.
- Adapt the pad for use on smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
- Do not forget about broken links. On small sites, you can check the operation of links yourself, on large sites – use Screaming Frog SEO Spider. Create unique texts and layout real photos.
- Look for software malfunctions – errors in identifying the resource code, script dysfunction can lead to the fact that the user clicks on the “order” button and gets to the missing page.
- Control usability. The content accuracy, ease of use and intuitive interface determine the high attendance of the resource.
After conducting inspections, the manager assigns a scheme for working on them and sets tasks for specialists. Mandatory verification of corrected errors. The prepared project should fulfill the functions and meet the criteria of the assignment. Timely testing of the site will ensure its effective and productive work.