Creation of sites on Drupal | CMS Drupal Analysis.Content Management Systems or CMS – a real find for creating easily manageable dynamic sites. There are many different control systems (they are also called engines). Among them are paid and free, open-source and without. Choosing which of the existing CMS is right for you is quite difficult – you need to consider a lot of different factors. CMS Drupal – a very popular free modular management system – a suitable solution for creating most types of sites, such as news sites, forums, multi-user blogs, corporate or personal business card sites.
How to install CMS Drupal?
Installing CMS Drupal in the general case is similar to installing other CMS: you need to download the archive with the system files, unzip it to the root folder of the site, create a database and user with full access rights to it, go to the installation page in the browser and, following the instructions, install the system Drupal to a remote or local server. Installing various versions of Drupal, among which the sixth is the most relevant, may differ in some nuances.
Drupal is a multi-platform system for creating sites and can be run on OSs such as Linux, BSD, Solaris, Windows, and Mac OS X. Drupal also supports Apache, IIS, Unix, Linux, BSD, Solaris, Windows, Mac OS X servers.
What features does the CMS Drupal offer for website development?
Drupal is a system with a wide range of different features. Let’s take a closer look at some of them.
1. Drupal is independent of the type of database used and is therefore suitable for those who, due to some restrictions, cannot use MySQL, which supports most other CMS.
2. Drupal has tools for developing sites that support several languages, so all texts can be translated using a graphical interface.
3. In order to define the structure of a site, separating it from the presentation, Drupal uses an original technique – taxonomy. Taxonomy allows you to define an arbitrary number of categories and each site document can be included in one or several categories at once, which can be presented in the form of a list or a complex hierarchical structure.
4. Drupal has ready-made solutions to common problems. You can create a business card website, corporate website or blog using the modules included in the system.
5. Drupal searches are based on content types, categories, and content. Links have a human-readable URL (URL) and are therefore well-indexed by search engines.
6. The Drupal system allows you to work with templates by separating site content and presentation. Therefore, with Drupal, you can easily change the site design without affecting its contents.
7. The comment component in Drupal allows you to control the possibility of commenting for different documents, access to comments for different groups of visitors.
8. Drupal has a built-in forum engine that includes basic forum functions. Thanks to the methodology of taxonomy, a forum can contain subforums and categories of varying degrees of nesting.
9. In Drupal, you can export site materials to the RDF / RSS format, which is convenient for viewing them using external programs offline.
10. User management in Drupal is implemented by assigning them different roles. And the access rights for these roles to certain documents and site functions are determined in many cases by the system modules themselves.
11. Drupal has the ability to control document versions. When editing a document, its old version is saved in history and, if necessary, you can return to one of the earlier versions.
12. In Drupal, you can track updates – all updated documents are grouped on one common page, accessed from the user menu. This is convenient for creating sites with a complex structure and a large number of sections.
13. You can connect many different modules to the Drupal system to extend the functionality of the original assembly. These can be modules for managing the display of advertising banners, video or audio players, spam blocking modules, and many others. Such modules are written both by Drupal developers and simply by programmers using this system.
What support does CMS Drupal have?
Drupal is a popular site-building system among Russian-speaking developers. Therefore, there is much documentation translated into Russian, forums and communities dedicated to supporting this product. Due to the fact that Drupal is an open-source system, programmers themselves can expand its functionality by writing additional functions or components.
The basic Drupal content management system is perfect for developing different sites: forums and communities, single-user and multi-user blogs. You can create other types of sites in Drupal due to the high level of flexibility and extensibility of the system.
For professional help contact us today.