6 Myths About Website Development That You Need to Stop Believing In
It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner entrepreneur or want to redesign a website, you most likely already know that creating a website is not an easy task. However, if you also work in the wrong direction, it will be even more difficult.
In this article, we will debunk some of the most common myths about website development.
If you fall for any of these beliefs, don’t be discouraged. Web development is a complicated and complex process, and various myths are usually spread by amateurs with superficial knowledge about it.
Myth number 1. You can save money by creating your own website
If you think that by creating a website yourself you can save a ton of money, think carefully. Your site will always look more professional and will make a good impression on customers if it is created by a real web developer and not an amateur. In the long run, a good website will give you a big return.
The lump-sum spent that you invest in creating the site, ordering it from a professional, in the end, will lead to an increase in income and less suffering than when trying to create it yourself.
- Creating a site requires deep knowledge in the field of web development. You cannot, as a businessman or manager, know them well enough. Leave the technical work to professionals, and at this time, focus on increasing your market share and increasing profits. Or, if it’s a small site or landing page, use one of the designers, for example, the LPgenerator platform: this will save you from writing code and creating a design from scratch thanks to an extensive gallery of ready-made templates and a WYSIWYG editor.
- A good agency and its designers will need time to get acquainted with the profiles of your users, make a plan and make the basis of the site. They will choose the right strategies that will make your site selling.
- An agency that offers integrated online marketing solutions can also help you in other events besides website development, for example, with search engine promotion. This is important in today’s competitive, SEO-optimized world.
You need to study web design agencies before making a choice. Ask questions, for example, find out if it can help in SEO optimization and content marketing of your brand or business. See if they offer ongoing maintenance or services after the site is commissioned so that in the future you are not left alone with a site that you do not know how to manage.
In short, look for a company that, developing your site, offers after-sales support.
Myth number 2. Not all sites need to be optimized for mobile devices.
With the advent of smartphones that make life much easier, and Internet access is faster, a huge number of people today browse sites on their gadgets. Therefore, it is imperative that your site is optimized for smartphones.
According to the StatCounter report, the use of mobile Internet in 2016 for the first time exceeded the use of the Internet on a desktop computer. You simply cannot allow yourself to believe in this myth, because:
- The goals of customers who come to your site from PC and smartphones are different: the latter, as a rule, quickly receive information and are ready for a quick purchase. An ING survey in 13 European countries showed that 42% of smartphone buyers shop impulsively.
- Website optimization for mobile devices provides users with a good user interface (UX) to make it convenient to browse your site on the go.
- If your site is not adapted, your bounce rate will increase, which will lead to a decrease in the ranking in search engines.
A site that is not “friendly” with mobile devices will ultimately lead to an outflow of customers.
Myth number 3. Writing content for a site is a simple task
Many people, while developing a site, postpone writing content for later. This is due to the fact that they believe that creating content is simple, that it can be trusted with an inexpensive copywriter. This is a huge mistake. Filling a site is exactly what attracts customers in the first place. Content should always be planned first, not postponed until later.
- Content marketing provides a clear understanding of your target audience and competitors. It also allows you to determine the main functions and advantages, price range and other significant elements.
- Impressive content is hard to create and takes a long time. You should not think that a hired copywriter will write quality content on the first try. He will need time, so do not rely on a miracle.
- Website content should be keyword-optimized, well-written and should contain a powerful call to action. This is not something you can save on.
Having a content creation strategy is just as important as sitemaps.
Myth number 4. The harder the site, the better
Many people believe that by “screwing” more features to the site, they will attract more customers. On the contrary, in the end, you can mislead them, because they will not understand what you are offering.
How more features can harm you, you ask? We will answer:
- Website visibility is reduced when you add unnecessary options. This in return can make your customers leave the site and go to competitors.
- The simpler the better. The simplest design is enough for the client to have a clear idea of what you offer, how it works and how it can help him.
Myth number 5. Having a great site will provide enough traffic
Many people are convinced that creating an attractive website alone is enough to provide traffic. Although you should not forget about design, there are other factors that you need to think about in order to increase traffic and high conversion rate.
- Choosing and buying a strong domain name
- Web hosting that you use
- General site availability
- Content Quality
- Keyword research
- SEO (search engine optimization)
Setting clear and measurable goals based on the specifics of your audience will help you overcome this difficult path. Prioritization of goals will also greatly help in developing website marketing strategies. Remember that good design is not the only thing your website needs.
Myth number 6. As soon as the development of the site is over, it’s time to relax!
The site and further work on it often remain forgotten for a long time. You should keep in mind that developing your site is an ongoing process. If you think that launching a site is a difficult task, then remember – this is only the beginning!
Update your site constantly, evaluate it, optimize and make adjustments to the content and layout.
Another important factor to consider is security. Hacking attempts are usually automated. Hacker bots look for vulnerabilities on sites. The survey showed that 41% of hacks were caused by vulnerabilities in hosting platforms.
Experts recommend minimizing attacks:
- Choose a famous provider. Get dedicated hosting if possible.
- Back up your data periodically.
- Use strong logins and passwords. Avoid using the word “admin” as your login.
- Use a two-step authentication process.
- Limit the number of login attempts.
The landing page created in the LPgenerator constructor is automatically placed on our hosting, getting all the advantages of its use.
Website development requires strategic thinking and deep knowledge of industry practices and market trends. To attract visitors and ensure a good market share for your business, do not believe any of the myths described above. It’s time to take a look at the facts and make every effort.
What is called effective website design is constantly evolving, as are browsers and devices, so take the time and resources necessary to optimize your site and make sure that it works best.
For Professional web design services dubai or consultation from GCC Marketing Dubai please Contact Us or call us directly on 00971567300683